View Single Post
Old 09-23-2016, 03:57 AM
Evil Dead

I really enjoyed the movie quite a bit.
The characters were more likable than the characters in the first movie.
They explain a bit of lore and backstory.
However it did feel a little too similar to the original movie and some of the scares are a little weak.

The main reason I liked the movie was the brilliant final act. A lot of horror films tend to have weak finales but Blair Witch has one of the most intense and scary endings to a horror film I've ever seen.

I also really like the time manipulation, paranoia and mind games that the Blair Witch does.
I'm pretty sure that Blair Witch is exactly what we think it is but I couldn't get a specific thought out of my mind. What's the deal with the lights??

This is just a small thought that crossed my mind but what if the Blair Witch is actually an alien?!
CRAZY RIGHT!!

It's a very dumb idea and probably not what was intended but I noticed little details in the movie that made me think about aliens instead of witches.

The lights at the end of the movie are never explained and could be lights from a ship.
A common thread amongst alien abductee stories is the loss of time and time manipulation which also appear in the movie.
We constantly hear these weird almost animalistic noises in the woods. Possibly a noise from a ship or alien noises.

These little details seem a bit more alien than supernatural to me. MAYBE the Blair Witch is actually harvesting humans and the whole Blair Witch idea is pretty much just mass hysteria accidently created by the media. (an idea somewhat explored in Blair Witch 2)

It was just a random thought I had while watching the film once. On repeat viewing it might appear to be what it is.
Anyway, I enjoyed the movie and can't wait to watch it again.