View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013, 09:29 AM
HDC Idol

^^ Too bad about Oz - I was really looking forward to it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalSlasher View Post
I thought the first one was pretty good. Not perfect but far better than most modern horror movies. I wish Fear Net would put this up already. I might have to rent it sooner than later.
Totally agree - With the amount of bad slasher movies in general, I am so impressed with these - Can't recommend them enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitTheWolf View Post
I enjoyed Mama, but ya, I know what you mean about being dissapointed by it. I couldn't stop myself from making kingslayer jokes the ENTIRE movie though. Makes it all worthwhile IMO.

And one more thing, is Fritt Vilt up on netflix? There are no more video rental places near me anymore so finding shit is tough work. About a billion redboxes near me but definitely have exhausted that resource. Just saying, need more vespene gas if you know what I mean.
hahaha - They should have had him fight a bear in Mama. I might have enjoyed it more.

Fritt Vilt is available via rental DVD's on Netflix, but not streaming. I should have rented it again before renting the sequel - it's been a while and I remember being really impressed with it.

Stitches (2012)

One of those movies that thinks it's funnier than it actually is... A lot of ok gags, but was ultimately flat for me.

Star Trek Into Darkness (2013)

I enjoyed the HECK out of this movie - Definitely worth seeing in Imax; an utter blast... Not sure that 3D was necessary, but the non-stop action was a lot of fun. Plus, I really love the cast, especially Quinto, Pegg, and Karl Urban (Bones)... Just pure fun.

The Great Gatsby (2013)

Incredibly entertaining - I especially liked the first 2/3rds, comprised of the incredibly elaborate parties - Luhrmann definitely captured the excess and glam of the time - The costumes, the music - all really entrancing (Gershwin being played with FIREWORKS ERUPTING!) - Then you're reminded that this is actually based on the great American novel and, unfortunately, when it comes down to telling the actual story, the movie drags (which is too bad as Gatsby was one of my favorites) - Luhrmann just couldn't really strike a balance. DiCaprio was fun to watch and I thought that Elizabeth Debicki was incredible as Jordan and Joel Edgerton was a perfect Tom Buchanon... And while we're at it, I think I should mention that Carey Mulligan really breathes life into Daisy... I think it ended with a bit of a whimper, though...

Kill List (2011)

Took me a while to finally see this, after it was recommended by quite a few people on this board... I was really impressed with it. After enduring so many remakes and rehashes of the same territory, it was really refreshing to see a movie blend sub-genres like this - What I really liked about it is that you have what seems like a pretty worn formula (hitmen) that goes in a very bizarre, absurd, and interesting direction. My fiance wasn't a fan of the ending, but I liked it quite a bit. I haven't figured it out exactly (will have to do some Internetting to get thoughts - Also, if you have an opinion, I'd love to hear it), but I did like this movie.

Headhunters (2011)

HA! Inadvertently caught another Jamie Lannister vehicle! I had no idea he had a career out of being The Kingslayer (or that he is Danish). He was great to watch.

So here's the thing - I've been recommended this movie a few times and I can see why people like it, but I found it just OK - Our main character isn't very likable so I wasn't sure whether or not to cheer for him and, ultimately I didn't really care about his fate. Also, it had a lot of twists-with-twists endings which just got silly after a while.

Join my Facebook Horror Group!