View Single Post
Old 06-20-2015, 11:59 AM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by horcrux2007 View Post
It's baffling that people over the age of 5 watch that.
Watch what? I went back a page, but didn't see what you might be referring to.

By the way, not to sound "jaded", but presidents (especially 90's to today) are very much like Trump, hardcore businessmen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Bad Things View Post
I squashed the biggest Black Widow egg sack today....'bout the size of a grape .....It was hangin' in an abandoned Badger hole.... squashed the spider too.
Just curious... why would you kill a Black Widow (BW) & its egg sack in an animal's borrow?

I can tell you confidently, the BW was no real threat to any badgers... as the spiders don't hunt badgers (but a badger might eat the spider if it saw it), and even if the BW went "postal", it can't bite through that fur.

And if you were concerned the BW would make the journal to human' environments, I should note: No one in the U.S. has died from a black widow spider bite in over 10 years (per webMD.com). BWs aren't aggressive, they flee, like 95% of species. You'd pretty much have to physically squeeze a BW to get it to bite you, & then there's antidotes in most ERs -- most importantly venom is not likely to be life-threatening, antivenom has been used as pain relief and not to save lives.

Spiders kill deadly disease carrying mosquitoes, roaches flies (and clothes moths). Really, you're making humans less safe killing spiders. Spiders will rid houses of those pests, if left alone.

Last edited by Sculpt; 06-20-2015 at 12:03 PM.