View Single Post
Old 10-04-2014, 05:37 PM
Extreme in Everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimzon Naga View Post
As in books that will keep me from sleeping at night and traumatizing scary.
If you're of an appropriate age and you authentically enjoy good reads, then I recommend "The 120 Days of Sodom" by the Marquis de Sade. Les 120 Journees de Sodome was his magnum opus. He authored it while imprisoned in the Bastille in Paris just prior to its destruction. It is the story of four wealthy libertines that kidnap boys and girls from all over the countryside and imprison them at a secluded castle during the winter months. In the intervening time, the elite subject the boys and girls to countless sex acts and ruthless humiliation, including coprophilia. They conclude the season by murdering them all in a series of particularly heinous (though inventive) ways. "The 120 Days of Sodom" was written on toilet paper, and thought to have been destroyed in the burning of the Bastille. Sade never completed his masterpiece before his transfer from the Bastille and thus had to finish it in a series of notes. He claimed to have "wept tears of blood' over its supposed loss, and described his work as "the most impure tale ever told". Many critics of the great Marquis' work thought Sade a madman, but his work is truly an allegorical masterpiece. It was from his name that the term "sadism" was coined.

Several other books of his I'd recommend include "Justine: The Misfortunes of Virtue", "Philosophy in the Bedroom", and