View Single Post
Old 04-22-2019, 04:22 AM
That fucking Guy...

Fuck...I was not aware of this.

I'm going to guess they're probably not very ok at all.
Losing a long term partner would have to be one of the most horrible things for either side of a couple to go through.

Death.
It's one of those things where nobody really knows how to be.
A system shock that can fuck with your head six ways from Sunday.

With a partner, I just imagine it's so overwhelming...all the things they used to do for you, with you, their "jobs" around the house, the shows you used to watch with them, back seat driving...Losing your best friend and confidant, the person you share and make fun of the world with...So much would change and I can only imagine that even small things would bear such a weight right now.

I don't envy anyone that goes through the death thing, on any level - The sleepless nights, the waking up thinking they're still there, the near hallucinations you have... your other family/friends not sure how to act just the same. Everything routine gets tossed into the air. Everything.

It's life, it's death, and it's shitty that one of our own is going through this.

We're here, man.
I'm here, much as I ever am with my emotional depth of a puddle.
People are thinking of you, even if you're not in a place where you can talk right now.
All the best, wherever you are, DBT.
Take your time. Breathe.
Don't worry too much if a search for normal brings no result...you grow a new one over time.
Friends are here too.
I hope you're moving towards OK, and listen - However you're getting through it, it's the right way.
Make sure you keep eating and drinking, yeah? Take care of you.

- B.