View Single Post
Old 03-31-2012, 04:48 AM
Hellraiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
Yes, that describtion sounds like Homecoming. I also liked the "Hostel" influences later on in the game. A nice blend of Silent Hill and Hostel.

I've tried all 3 of "Sirens" and i'll definitely recomend the newest downloadable version. Why? Because the graphics is much better and you can actually FIGHT againt the crazies and not just run away and find a place to hide. Also you play different characters which makes a nice change in sceneries.
I really hate those kind of games where you have to run away from the action like such games as "Haunting Ground", "Amnesia", and the first two "Sirens". But they ARE quite creepy with lots of atmosphere. :)

And yes, i'm all about creepy atmospehre, so thanks for the rec. Never heard of "Echo Night". I'll look for that one.
If you are an atmosphere guy, I figured 2 would be your bread and butter. Another thing I didn't like about Homecoming was rehashing of specific monsters that had no place in the game at all. They seem to have dropped all the symbolic nature of the monsters in the new ones, especially Downpour. Then give a half assed explanation as to why Pyramid Head is in Homecoming which made no sense. Likewise for nurses. Although the monsters in Homecoming are gold compared to Downpour. If you have not played it yet, get ready for some laaaaaame enemies.