View Single Post
Old 09-14-2016, 09:13 AM
Immortal horror fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelMyers View Post
I think you're dropping this idea with an unseemly haste. Maybe Laurie goes on a nice camping trip? I'm throwing ideas around to see what sticks here and works. Remember Michael Myers can drive in Halloween.

Jason is actually pretty mobile in the franchise. To Manhattan, outer space, on cruise ships. In Part III he's hanging out in a convenience store. In JGTH he frequents the police station, a diner, a private mansion. All to say he is willing to kill people outside Crystal Lake campground, and I think would make a trek to Haddonfield if circumstances warranted.

ETA: Now, I admit the personalities of Jason and Michael might be too similar to motivate a versus film. But let's cast, say, Amy Adams as a new Laurie and Winona Ryder as new Pam Vorhees. I think they could carry a film.
I gave it a bit of thought and just didn't want to continue. I thought about the Laurie to Crystal Lake route. She wouldn't be the sex type but the protective counselor and final girl with potentially another. Jason shows up and does his thing. Myers shows up to "protect" Laurie just because he wants to kill her himself. So Jason and Myers fight to whatever stupid conclusion. They wouldn't team up but they would both kill off the counselors in route to Laurie.

And I don't like the Jason leaving Crystal Lake route. It barely works. And when it does it's a novelty idea and ends up back at Crystal Lake or a similar environment like Freddy vs Jason or Jason X.