View Single Post
Old 06-23-2018, 06:50 PM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
That's interesting, that you thought it was more a historical period drama about ghosts. It's been a long time since I've seen it, but I remember it as having plenty of scary scenes being pretty eerie throughout. Myabe it took awhile to get going? but I didn't mind. That's what I thought it was going to be. Luckily, I didn't know to much about it, so I thoroughly enjoyed the ending. Basically, I'd guess it's considered a psychological horror thriller mystery . It was shot well and yeah, Kidman did a great job.
Well it was also like a historical drama. I mean it was set in a European country in the 1940's right after World War 2 and the main female character was dealing with the hardship of raising two children with severe disabilities and a husband who had possibly died fighting in the war. It just happaned to have ghosts involved but to me they really weren't as scary as other ghost movies because in the end after you find out the big plot twist I realized it wasn't such a bad situation after all. Of course I don't want to spoil the ending lol.