View Single Post
Old 03-09-2020, 08:21 PM
Immortal horror fan

I wouldn't say it's dying. And I think financially they are doing well. But creatively like many series it went off the rails. It probably happened some time around Resident Evil Code Veronica. Which is a really good game. And Resident Evil 4 which is perhaps one of the best games ever and inspired many modern games but not the best Resident Evil style game. And it is a side story instead of continuing from where Resident Evil Code Veronica left off. The first section of Resident Evil 4 and some of the second section is good survival horror for the most part. But that mid second to most of the third is just about pure action.

I've only seen one of the fill in CGI movies so far. But I know the series has many bad entries and side games. I still want to play the 3DS remastered version. I tried the demo and thought no I'll play this on a real console and not fight or get used to the awkward controls. Besides the sequel is on consoles.

But with all that, of course Capcom will go back and remake what works. Yet Part 2 and 3 is something they should have remade after the first remake. Which is classic and one of the best games ever. Now they are playing the update for a larger and a bit different audience. I read that they probably won't remake Code Veronica. But the next main entry to the series will tell if Resident Evil is going anywhere interesting.