View Single Post
Old 09-02-2013, 07:56 AM
For Vendetta

Ringu (aka) Ring (1998)
Wikipedia Link

Quote:
An important movie that really strengthened the J Horror movement. - The Villain

The Blair Witch Project (1999)
Wikipedia Link

Quote:
It is easily one of the most brilliant and unique films of the 1990s. Many of the films that came after it were of various quality, but that film is amazing. To this day, I regard it as one of the scariest movies I have ever seen. Even if you do not like The Blair Witch Project, you have to admit it deserves to be on any top 20 horror list for the 1990s. The film was one of the most successful independent films of all time. It made $248 million on a self-declared budget of $35,000, not including promotion. Additionally, it launched the reality TV phase and this is according to the creator of Survivor (which launched the reality TV show phase), as well as the hugely popular "Found Footage" sub-genre. Furthermore, it had a brilliant marketing campaign and was one of the first films to launch a website. - metternich1815

Stir of Echoes (1999)
Wikipedia Link

The Sixth Sense (1999)
Wikipedia Link

Sleepy Hollow (1999)
Wikipedia Link

Quote:
The direction, acting, score, writing and sets are all superbly done. It has a great story and a genuine spooky atmosphere. It is also IMO the best version of The Headless Horseman story i have seen made into film. - The Villain

Last edited by _____V_____; 09-10-2013 at 11:01 AM.