View Single Post
Old 02-06-2016, 06:45 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkdetective View Post
I recently saw Eli Roth's The Green Inferno. Decent film. Got me in the mood to watch a couple of cannibal movies.

Obviously the most famous is Cannibal Holocaust. I kinda wanna watch it, known about it for years and I haven't sat down to watch it for one reason....
The animal cruelty!!

Now, I'm fine with gore in movies. Heads exploding and skins flayed, all that stuff I'm fine with. Mostly because I know it's fake but I heard that the animal cruelty in Cannibal Holocaust was real.
For people who've seen it, how bad, graphic and long are these scenes?

I don't really feel like watching a movie were animals are killed for my "entertainment".
Is the rest of the film good enough to sit through the animal cruelty???
I watched some of Cannibal Holocaust, and yes, real animals are killed for your viewing entertainment. One in particular was a knifed little coatimundi varmint, which was unnecessary - wasn't required for food. There were 6 real animals killed on camera. The scenes are about "average length of time", I don't think their duration will matter, rather their inclusion. I'd suggest you can live quite well without seeing the film. As I haven't sat through the whole thing, I can't be definitive, except that it seemed a rather murky feature.

Last edited by Sculpt; 02-06-2016 at 06:54 PM.