View Single Post
Old 10-08-2019, 01:47 PM
Nightmare of Derry

I think my biggest gripe with horror is going to be completely subjective---
They aren't scary. Everything is indeed, cookie-cutter nowadays and easy enough to guess.

I also despise excuse for tits in ANYTHING, especially horror movies. Unless I'm seeing some sawed off, I don't care, thank you. Keep your tits and your screaming whores out of my horror. The only time I can tolerate it is when it's a dumb slasher where you know... sex=gonna get murdered. Like Friday the 13th. I love those movies because sometimes I'm in the mood to see some dumb teenagers get torn to pieces.

Another thing, is I'm sick of the "lone female survivor." Done to death. Boring, sometimes very unrealistic, and honestly, I'd absolutely love to see a lone male survivor. Or two male survivors. Just to balance things out, you know?
Lastly, and very importantly, for the love of whatever God you pray to, can we just have a black guy live for once?

I mean, I know GET OUT exists, and trust me, it's on my list to watch, and I am extremely excited to see more variety for African American dominant movies, but right now the majority sits with "the black guy is the first to die/or dies and never survives the movie ever" syndrome.

Last edited by Freddywise; 10-08-2019 at 01:50 PM.