View Single Post
Old 02-23-2018, 05:33 AM
Evil Dead

BABE (1995). When my Daughter was younger, used to take her to the movies a lot (101 DALMATIANS-1961 was her first) and I quickly found that Dollar Theatres could be a godsend with tix and concessions being more affordable as well as less crowds. Read a brief synopsis in the paper about "A Talking Pig learns to herd Sheep" which really didn't raise hopes that I would enjoy out, but figured the cost was right and my offspring might enjoy it.
After seeing it, went straight home and told my Wife that "...You just GOTTA see this!" and we went down for the next showing.
Found this back in 1995 and now to be one of the BEST films I've seen, definitely in my Top 10. Gre at script, animatronics, locations, lots of humor (the singing Mice are truly inspired) and a wonderful performance by James Cromwell-couldn't believe this was the same actor who played the goofy Stretch Cunningham on ALL IN THE FAMILY. As far as Babe himself, he's just as cute as can be, although there are some sad moments in here. *****