View Single Post
Old 03-14-2012, 06:40 AM
From The Beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatman View Post
Haha! Thanks for the reply!

I would prefer to make it in english, I have done it before and it can be done, however its difficult to keep the dialect perfect because there arent that many american or english actors in Denmark. In Denmark we use subtitles for everything, we never use dubbing. So we dont really think about the fact that the subtitles are there, we just use them unconsciously. So because we have gotten accustomed to subtitles, nobody in Denmark can take a movie seriously if it is danes speaking english.

I also watch alot of foreign horrorfilms, spanish, italian and japanese primarily, I am a huge Miike and Fulci fan :D and no offence but Fulcis zombies are way cooler than Romeros ;-) But because I have always used subtitles, I have no problem seeing this kind of films. How do you feel about that sort of foreign horror with subtitles? I was a huge fan of american horror untill I discovered the japanese, which is awesome, especially Hideo Nakatas Dark Water and Takashi Miikes Audition.
Great to see another Fulci fan and I also prefer his zombies to Romero's :) For me personally I hate dubbed films I prefer to watch them in their own language with english subtitles. So in your case actors/actresses speaking in danish but with english subtitles would be my preference. The Japanese Dark Water and Audition are amazing too :)