View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012, 01:45 PM
That fucking Guy...

Quote:
Have you not seen Shakes the Clown or Worlds Best Dad - both great films.
Neither.
Does he have a similar role in their production?
Have you seen GBA?

So I just saw the Dark Knight Rises.
I'll white-out my spoilers.

For the folks that haven't see it yet, my thoughts are mainly positive.
For me, it wasn't my favourite of the current series (I'm in something of a minority, mine is actually Batman Begins) but it was a solid entry.
I feel like it suffered from the same thing Kill Bill did, to an extent...it did feel like a closing. I think this would best be viewed as part of a marathon - I might do this next time.
"Batman in the Daytime"...it's so strange to see...and while holding the overall tone of the film quite well, it didn't really feel like "Gotham" in atmosphere?
The plot was not bad, and the new characters were for the better part, likable.
The fight/s between Batman and Bane were great.
I think it's a very well done film and I'd be hard pressed to find too much wrong with it.
Spoiler bits for those that have seen it...

So it was the autopilot Bruce Wayne "fixed" yes?
Why do you folks think he went with "dying" though...I would say that it's in order to have a true "redemption" in the eyes of Gotham, kind've cemented Batman ad the "legend who saved the city".
I didn't mind Levitt as the cop/Robin. I don't think he'll ever BE "the" Robin, but from the look of it, if the reboot continues in this universe we may see him as a temporary (or even permanent?) replacement/addition to Batman.
I liked how they portrayed him though, quite a lot - he was just a really genuinely good person.
Bane - done better, of course.
Though I have to say while being stoned off some great green edibles, all I kept thinking was "he's doing Sean Connery really over the top"
He was a suitable threat.
The Talia connection was great - a genuine twist I didn't see coming and while it was VERY "Talia" (for fans of the comic incarnation) it was not very "Bane".
Don't get me wrong, I thought this version of the storyline was great, and as much as I enjoyed it, I couldn't help but think they'd done Bane as though he were a henchman, yet again. This was slightly disappointing.
I mean we got better than we did last time. I guess that's a win.
Kind of a nice story between villains too.

Overall guys, it was worth seeing big-screen - just make sure you take a huge piss before you go in and consume your drinks very slowly.
More like survival mode.
Hopefully this bullshit tragedy that's been born on opening night doesn't completely threaten the future of the Batman film franchise.
I also hope that the "reboot", if it's continuing in the same universe will pay more respect to Nolans work than Joel Schumacher gave to Burtons vision.

Speaking of I'd really like to see Hm "the other guy" developed further in this universe.
I also think the character "HUSH" would be right at home in this universe.