View Single Post
Old 05-14-2020, 03:53 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheebacheeba View Post
Just re-finished the first Bio-Shock.
Anything is going to show it's age by this stage but to be honest it's still somewhat impressive...the water, reflections, the "scenery" both indoor and outdoor.
I did the "good guy" finish.
Not sure how many endings there were, I remember there being 3 or more?
It was an impressive game...though the standard enemies were not all that creative and didn't have a hell of a lot of variation...though the combat was solid and the amount of things you can hack and manipulate make for some interesting and varied ways of playing the game itself.
I liked it.
I'd give it a 7/10, which is what I thought in the first place.
It wowed back in the day - and holds up fairly well this many years later.
Plot-wise, well there's that "twist" which while I was expecting, still impressed me in and of itself.
I'm considering playing Bio-shock for the first time. Recommended by a buddy. I tend to go for first-person-shooters and melee, with 3rd person view, games like Star Wars Jedi Knight. I'm not really aware of any modern games like that these days, as Star Wars basically stopped making them. I tend not to like the role playing games where you select an attack, in turn, and it does it for you.

I heard Bio-shock has decent FPS combat in 3rd person view, and a really good story. I might give it a shot.

Last edited by Sculpt; 05-14-2020 at 03:55 PM.