View Single Post
Old 01-20-2019, 09:26 AM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morningriser View Post
Yeah I did. Thank you! I haven't really wrote much in a long time but lately I've been writing a little more as far as poetry goes. There's certain fires I used to have burning bright and hot that have been pretty tame over the years. Perhaps it's time to ignite a spark?

Could someone please explain to me why the term neckbeard is an insult? Was this made up by gay men or very feminine men that can't grow a beard thus they need their own security blanket by insulting people who are more masculine than they are? Yeah I have a full beard and I just got called a neckbeard by a guy with long frizzy pink hair wearing very gay looking fingerless gloves. So that's why I wonder if this is just something that jealous fruity cartoonies use to insult guys who actually are men. I'm not bashing gay people, I just find it kind of funny.
Yes, I can address the neckbeard thing. I first ran into it when a couple of online forum Bears fans derogatorily called the QB Kyle Orton 'neckbeard'. Personally, I don't think it's something dudes would bother talking about each other. There's evidently a customary way to cut the beard which ends at the bottom or underneath the jaw line and no hair on the neck. In this, hair on the neck would be considered unkempt, disheveled... something unintended and disregarded. It's not that hair on the neck can't be a grooming choice, it wouldn't be a common one, but there you go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morningriser View Post
I have been working on this off and on ever since my psychedelic experience. This is what I saw before I was pulled in.
What did you do that with? It's really good. I like it.

Last edited by Sculpt; 01-20-2019 at 10:00 AM.