View Single Post
Old 11-05-2018, 12:25 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvablePsycho View Post
I didn't like Dark Shadows because the ending felt so anticlimatic. Also the "humor" was lost on me, and I know vampires have to feed on blood to live but I actually felt bad for a lot of the victims that Depp's character killed because many of them were innocent and didn't deserve it. Like those construction workers building a new McDonalds who unearthed his coffin or those happy hippies who were just hanging out and being nice to him.

But I guess that's vampires for you.
Dark Shadows was not great, but I enjoyed it. I went to the theatre with a group of friends, some of whom had been fans of the show. I had only seen a few episodes.

It did bother me a little about Depp's vampire character killing innocent people. He wasn't the hero, a bit of an anti-hero, but as I recall, not entirely the main character either. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I was sort of expecting a tongue-in-cheek antihero vampire. It was hit and miss for me. I don't even remember the ending mostly because it was so weird to me, I think I was losing track of what happening at the end.