View Single Post
Old 10-30-2008, 09:27 AM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
Episode 23

Opening credits role. The screen is blank and the words "One week later" appear on the screen. Fade to a shot of the island. It's evening and some people are in the church graveyard. Somehow, a large tree, similar to the one Crabapple got the apples from. It is already about twenty feet tall.

Chronogrl: I think I can actually see it getting taller...

Massacre Man: I know. What should we do?

Pinkfloyd: Well, I know I'm not going to eat apples from it.

Massacre Man: Yeh. I'll stick to the ones from Crabby's shop.

Chronogrl: I wonder if Despare planted it before he took off.

Pinkfloyd: And it grew in just over a week?

Massacre Man: I reckon this is something to do with the creatures.

Pinkfloyd: The creatures? They haven't set foot in this town for decades.

Massacre Man: Have you got a better explanation?

Chronogrl: Well, I best be off. Hammerfan will be needing some help.

Pinkfloyd: I think I should go as well.

Massacre Man: Pink. Are you sure you're okay? You know, after last week?

Pinkfloyd: Huh? Oh..yeh. I am. Don't worry. Just a little shaken up. Say, what do you think they're gonna do?

She nods up towards the castle.

Pinkfloyd: I sent up some pretty badly made jewelry the other day, and I haven't paid my taxes at all.

Massacre Man: I'm not sure. I haven't heard a word from them, I don't think anybody has. I can't think why.

Pinkfloyd: The sun's nearly down. I really have to go. Go talking to you.

Massacre Man: You too Pink. You too.

She walks away. When she's gone Massacre Man walks up to the tree and bangs his hand on it.

Massacre Man: Stupid fucker! Just tell her how you fucking feel.

He pulls his hand away from the tree. Some sap is sticking to his hand.

Massacre Man: FUCK! Wait a sec. That smells like...

He sniffs it closely.

Massacre Man: Blood. Eugh! Oh my God!

He runs away from the tree. Fade to a shot of the castle. There is a loud whistling noise. Fade into The Return, he's in a chair, covering his ears.

The Return: When will the damn noise stop?

Guard: It's getting louder your majesty!

The Return: I'm not bloody deaf, I can hear that!

The door opens and Phantomstranger walks in.

The Return: What is it?!

Phantomstranger: Sire, I thought you should know, the army is ready to fight! There is at least Twenty people who know how to get each creature!

The Return: That is good news. Now leave!

Phantomstranger nods, then backs out.

Guard: When will the walls stop singing?

The Return: What did you say?!

Guard: The walls Sire! Isn't there a way to make them stop?

Guard #2: The castle can sense impending doom!

The Return: Silence you fool! We are in little danger! The creatures will be killed. The walls are just walls! THEY ARE NOT SINGING!

Guard #2: With all due respect, what else could cause the noise your majesty?!

The Return gets up and walks over to him.

The Return: Saying, "with all due respect," before a sentence doesn't excuse you from it's disrespectful nature. Now get out of my sight!

Guard: I have to leave!

The Return: What?

Guard: I was told, my life was of the most value.

The Return: Been talking to Monalisa down in the cells have we?

Guard: Sire, we are not going to win this!

The guard opens the door and starts running. The Return shouts down the corridor.

The Return: KILL HIM! Kill the coward!

A man with a sword steps from the side, catching the deserter off guard. He slashes the sword, a glint of metal then a spray of red. Blood pours from the hole where his head was.

The Return: I am sick and tired of cowards in the castle! YOU!

A soldier walking the halls turns.

The Return: Get three dragons ready, each with riders. Tell them to fly to the mouth and block it off. Knock boulders down from the volcano!

Soldier: What? There is no time Sire! They have not prepared enough.

The Return: Come here!

The soldier walks over to The Return. As he reaches them, The Return swiftly grabs his head and twists it, breaking the mans neck.

The Return: YOU!

He shouts to the guard who decapitated the other guard.

The Return: Tell Phantomstranger to get the army prepared! Tonight, we go to war. I want every soldier ready to fight!

The guard runs away. The Return takes his silent whistle from his pocket and blows into it. Chucker and the puppies run from around a corner. The Return points to the two bodies. The dogs begin feeding. Fade to a shot of the sky. Two gargoyles are flying along.

Gargoyle #1: Nearly there!

Gargoyle #2: Do you have the pouch!?

The first gargoyle shows a small pouch to the other.

Gargoyle #2: How do you think the tree grew so big? And how is it getting nutrients?! Bey said it was in a graveyard!

The Camera shoots along and down, until it shows the tree. The view goes down, under the ground. It shows the roots of the tree, branching out far. Each one is going into a coffin. Images of Doc Faustus putting the corpse into the liquid, dropping the flame into the liquid, then blood, then the dead body coming to life. Then a flash of the trolls. It repeats the clip where the troll mentioned the tree having blood, the image of Massacre Man smelling the sap and saying blood, Crabapple dropping the seeds into Doc Faustus' liquid, then the crow spitting the seed into the graveyard, a shot of the large new apple tree, then another shot of it's roots branching into the coffins. Cut to the gargoyles again.

Gargoyle #2: What will the pouch do?

Gargoyle #1: Hopefully, burn the tree. The Trollseed trees are very flammable! The flame travels to every part of it within seconds, killing the roots! It will be gone before long! The humans will barely notice a thing!

Ending credits role.

The Ferrets like it...