View Single Post
Old 01-25-2018, 04:26 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadbeatAtDawn View Post
Death Pool, 2017. 6/10

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water... Is this mic on?

Godzilla: Monster Planet (2017) Netflix
6/10

My pal Sven said this was good... Meh.mmmm..... not... mmm... can't say agree. This is an animated Japanese offering, and "Episode 1" is out, and it's 1hr 27 mins... on Netflix. It's really more of a sci-fi military drama.

So it's like this... in the intro... giant monsters reek havoc... er I mean wreaks havoc on Earth, just as an alien race reaches Earth after a long journey from their destroyed planet. They want to settle on Earth, and offer to kill Godzilla, but they are unsuccessful! So they take the remaining Earthlings on their space ship and flee Earth. They get as far as Jupiter and it takes a long, long time... and then collectively the Earthling and Aliens (who look like humans) decide to go back to Earth and see what's up.

Well, I don't think I'm giving too much away when I say... some how... Earth has gone through 10,000 years, but the escaping ship only 40 years, or something like that... you know whatever, these guys must be rolling dice, or something else, so we'll just go with it. So they find there's still a Godzilla there, and through science and military, they are going to try to destroy it and settle back on Earth. It really comes off quite sophomoric emotional jingoism and rather science militaristic action, but not in a good way. There's not a lot "godzilla stuff" going on.

Last edited by Sculpt; 01-25-2018 at 04:51 PM.