View Single Post
Old 10-24-2009, 04:49 PM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
Part 18

Opening credits roll. Fade to an aerial shot of the town. A caption reads London, October 31st 1842. Fade to a shot of Roshiq walking down a flint path. The sky is cloudy. Roshiq looks exactly the same as he does after his transformation, aside from the fact that he has eyes and his hair is longer, tied back in a neat pony tail. He wears a dirty white shirt and brown trousers. He walks along quite happily, whistling a tune when without warning he clutches his chest and falls to the floor, limp.

Fade to black. Fade into a shot of Roshiq laying asleep in a bed at night. Lightning flashes and a young man swiftly jumps onto the windowsill of the open bedroom window. He is very pale with long, messy hair. He wears very dirty clothes. This is Friday13thfan. He knocks on the glass of the open window, waking up Roshiq, who glances across at him and his eyes widen. F13thF jumps into the room and walks slowly across to him.

Roshiq: Who are you?

F13thF: Your salvation...

Roshiq: Pardon?

F13thF: You are dying, right?

Roshiq: Don't remind me...

F13thF: But you are dying. Your body will soon fail and you will become a rotting corpse in the Earth...unless they burn you.

Roshiq: Why are you here? What are you doing?

F13thF: I want to offer you a second chance. I read in the newspaper what happened to you and you're strong...strong enough to survive this long.

Roshiq: I'll call the police!

F13thF: Don't worry. Hear my offer and reject it or accept it. I will leave either way in due course.

Roshiq thinks for a moment, then closes his eyes.

Roshiq: Say what you have to say.

F13thF smiles.

F13thF: I was in a very similar situation to you once. I was out late one night when I got hit by a vehicle. I would have been a body in the ground if the driver of said vehicle hadn't been a very special person.

Roshiq: Get to the point, sir.

F13thF: My skull was cracked open that day...I should be dead right now.

Roshiq: That's impossible!

F13thF: No it isn't. That's the point. Let me show you something...

He walks to the small table across the room and picks up a small mirror. He looks into it for moment, the nods and walks towards Roshiq, to who he hands the mirror.

F13thF: Look at me in that.

Roshiq looks at him questioningly, but F13thF nods at the mirror. Roshiq tilts the mirror to face F13thF, but in the reflective glass he cannot be seen. Roshiq gasps and drops the mirror. He tries to scream but F13thF claps his hand over his mouth.

F13thF: Don't ware yourself out. Listen to me. You will die before the week is up if you do not accept my help tonight. Become a creature of the night. You will live twice as long as any mere human being!

Roshiq pushes F13thF's hand away.

Roshiq: But at what cost?

F13thF: To be more than a human, you must put your humanity to the side. Be willing to feast on the living and harvest their youth.

Roshiq: You mean...drink blood?

F13thF: It is them or you...decide. Become a vampire like me and we could hunt together...or die young and worthless. No wife or children to preserve your memory. Just another column in the obituary...

Roshiq puts his hands to his face and lay there like that for a moment, then he turns and looks at F13thF and nods. When he speaks his voice is almost a whisper.

Roshiq: Okay...

Fade to black, screams of people can be heard and the laughing of Roshiq and F13thF, then the sounds stop. A caption reads "October 30th, 1967". Fade to a shot of Roshiq's house. It looks exactly the same as it does in 42 years. Roshiq is standing in his back garden next to a large rectangular hole in the ground. He looks old, somewhere in between what he was early Halloween 2009 and his younger self. In the hole is the body of F13thF, looking very old.

Roshiq: This is finally it, old friend. Ah...why did it get so hard to harvest...so hard to get a good drink. Gotta hand it to you though...you hung in there well. So well...

He jumps down the hole.

Roshiq: Here's to you...my salvation.

He bears down on the dead body's throat. When he stands up and climbs back out of the hole he looks younger again. Across the road from his house, looking though a gap in his fence is a teenage girl, around 17 or 18 years old. This is Hammerfan. Miss Macabre walks past her holding her small bag.

Miss Macabre: Peeping now, are we Hammerfan?

Hammerfan: Keep walking, freakbag.

Miss Macabre: Oh, I see how it is...remember to go to church tomorrow. Special service...

Hammerfan: See you then.

Miss Macabre walks on and Hammerfan keeps watching. Fade to black. A caption reads three years later. Hammerfan, looking slightly older is passionately kissing Roshiq.

Roshiq: How did I find you?

Hammerfan: Guess you got lucky.

She winks and they carry on kissing. Fade to the two of them in the living room of his house, yelling at each other.

Hammerfan: Because I don't want to!

Roshiq: We can't work if you don't!

Hammerfan: I chosen my path! I'm not ready to die! I don't want to be trapped inbetween life and death!

Roshiq: I understand that, but a werewolf? REALLY? How can you do this to me?

Hammerfan: To you? To you? This is my future we're talking about! Why can't you let this go?

Roshiq: I just...I just don't understand!

Hammerfan: No! No you don't! I love you! I always will, but you have to get past this!

Fade to Hammerfan in the back garden of the house. Neverending, looking quite a bit younger, is mowing the grass. Hammerfan is watching him and smiling slightly. Neverending looks across at her and she winks. Fade to Roshiq in his basement, painting an unseen picture. A caption says 1989. Hammerfan walks down the basement stairs looking somber. He turns and looks at her, immediately seeing something is wrong.

Roshiq: Hammer...what is it?

She walks over to him without saying a word, and picks up his hand. She lays it on her stomach. His eyes widen and he shakes his head is disbelief. She nods and kisses his forehead.

Hammerfan: Goodbye...

She walks away, whilst Roshiq sits in front of the painting. The camera pans around showing the same painting that he has in his house in 2009. It depicts Hammerfan, when she was younger, as a vampire. Fade to a shot of a hospital. Roshiq sits on a rooftop opposite in the pouring rain. The sound of Hammerfan screaming can be heard, then a baby crying. Neverending's voice can be heard.

Neverending: It's a boy...we have a son.

Roshiq turns and walks away from the side of the roof. Fade to a shot of Neverending and Hammerfan's house. A caption reads October 31st 1991. Roshiq knocks on the front door and Hammerfan answers and looks shocked to see him.

Hammerfan: Roshiq...I-I didn't expect to see you here.

Roshiq: I've come for the fights. Am I on time?

He speaks in a very serious tone.

Hammerfan: Yes...yes you are. Come in, I guess...

The door closes. The camera remains fixed on the door as the sounds of yelling, roaring, barking, shouting and tearing can be heard. As the sounds continue, the captions along the bottom of the page go from 1992 to 1999, where they stop suddenly, and Roshiq yells out in anger and pain.

Roshiq: My eyes! You bitch!

The screen fades to black, then fades to a close up shot of Roshiq's face. The caption at the bottom reads "October 31st, 2009". His eyes open, and reflected in them can be seen Hammerfan and Neverending's house. He walks towards it. Closing credits roll.

The Ferrets like it...