View Single Post
Old 10-03-2016, 12:13 AM
Immortal horror fan

It's a mess from what I understand. I don't read those comics though. I did read the big story about the Rebirth surprise and basically, this is kind of a spoiler but since you are reading I guess you know already, what DC is going is putting Watchmen in the same universe as the DC heroes. It wasn't like that before and there were some corporate deals in place that DC had to do like continue publishing the Watchmen graphic novel I think to even keep the rights to Watchmen. But now since they have placed them in the same universe, they don't have to do the continual graphic novel publication.

Anyway, the blue guy from Watchmen is the one that created the New 52 universe supposedly. They, DC and the writers, from what I read are blaming the dark and serious stories on Watchmen's influence in I believe what they call a meta way. I hope Watchmen don't make it into the DC movie universe as well because Superman vs Batman was dark. And that would be a stupid reason. Rather than just accepting that the director and writers don't understand and went too far with the characters.

I believe the full explanation of what's going on in the DC universe won't happen until the next big event comic usually during the summer. So probably there will be some news after the conclusion of the Justice League vs Suicide Squad crossover that I saw some art for recently.