View Single Post
Old 08-23-2016, 03:40 AM
Horror > Everything

Nice to read your opinions, guys. Like the movie or not, it's worthy of discussion. Good choice, Sculpt!

I am a big fan. Admittedly, The Most Dangerous Game suffers a bit from age, but it still has thrills and chills. The performances are decent, and in the case of Leslie Banks in the role of Count Zaroff, outstanding. His take on the obssessed maniac is all shifty eyes and sarcastic malevolence. Fay Wray takes the lead female role, and while its not her best performance, she handles the part with her usual aplomb, and looks gorgeous doing it.
I love the story and I think the filmmakers did a fine job laying out the simple plot. Yes, the characters are broadly drawn and portrayed, but it''s simply a sign of the times.
The final hunt itself is pretty exciting and the shots of our protagonists being chased through the jungle are a bit of an adrenaline rush for me. Stellar camera work!
A well known side note: The famous Zodiac Killer claimed to be inspired by both the book and the movie. Man is indeed the most dangerous game.