Thread: Pixar and You.
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2008, 06:17 PM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

WALL E is by far the most challenging and impressive film to come from Pixar - a studio with a very high bar for excellence in story, character development and crafting action sequences.

But WALL E is something alltogether different. It dares to show a terrifying dystopian future in which our planet is destroyed by our own inability to stop living a life of disposable pleasures... and what has ecome of the humans is even more horrible.

And agianst this is a tale with little dialog, big ideas, amazing visual storytelling and a ton of heart.

I usually HATE robot movies, becasuse the inevitably feel soulless, but WALL E has the soul of a peot, findsing beauty in the chaos and will abandon everything he knows to pursue love and companionship.

One of the very best films of the year.

That said I loved THE INCREDIBLES an TOY STORY. I wasn't so hot on A BUG'S LIFE and I disliked CARS.

"A man that studieth revenge keeps his own wounds green, which otherwise would heal and do well."
Francis Bacon

Last edited by Roderick Usher; 12-31-2008 at 06:20 PM.