View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008, 06:58 AM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

Let the Right One In is my 2nd favorite film of the year. Right behind The Dark Knight and ahead of Trick 'R Treat.

The film is starkly beautiful, moving and has moments of amazingly brilliant violence. My writing partner and I were actually approached about the English language translation - so I have a DVD screener:D but we had no interest in the job - the film was too good to be monkeyed with and I'm certain the adaptation will suffer in the translation.

What makes the film so impactful is the way it perfectly captures the sense of upheval inherent in the pubescent mind. The age of the protagonists is everything to the story - they are trapped in the realm between innocence and experience which allows the supernatural to integrate with the natural world with a sense of magic realism.

"A man that studieth revenge keeps his own wounds green, which otherwise would heal and do well."
Francis Bacon