View Single Post
Old 09-01-2008, 04:50 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to horrorman
I was wondering, is it possible that the two scenes were just created for the movies? The other clips are from actual movies, but since no one seems to know what the mysterious clips are from, they might have been made for the movie themselves.

I am sure there are many black and white movies featuring dark castles on hillsides with grayish clouds rolling around the blackish sky, and lightning reflecting on the castle, making its windows exposed, but I have checked out many movies as possible with castles on hilltops, and none of them seem to be what I am looking for. The scene looks like it is from a William Castle or Vincent Price movie, but it is definitely something in the vein of Dracula or Frankenstein. Something, however, echoes "living dead" for some strange reason, but I am not sure, it might just be a haunted castle movie.

The quick clip of the man getting white light reflected on him might just be a clip of someone from the cast and crew of "Ernest Scared Stupid", or a clip of Ernest (Jim Varney) himself, but it looks like it is from a space opera 60's movie, maybe something in the vein of "Mad Max." The background is black colored, but has a reddish purple light. The man has a normal head and body, but there is blackish texture around the right side of his eye and the tip of his nose. His eyes seem to be shut for some reason, maybe he is a blind zombie. The man has a bluish purple shirt, green pants, a black watch on his right side, a belt pack, brown curly hair (he looks like a combination between Heath Ledger and Kurt Russell), and a name "Buck ..." on his shirt, below the name, there is a logo that resembles a skull with two tusks, the skull seems to be on top of a diamond like logo, maybe a musical logo, there are two more words, but I cannot make them out. The man (maybe in his late 30's early 40's) acts like a zombie.

Here is something interesting. One of the movies featured in the opening credits is "Battle Beyond the Sun", the clips from that movie featured here are in black and white, but the original clips are in color, so maybe the castle scene is from a colorized movie, and maybe the space scene is from a black and white movie.

Here is another factoid. During the ending credits, there are two acknowledgments. One is "main title footage by Sinister Cinema" and another is "additional footage by Wade Williams Inc."; I emailed Sinister Cinema, showed them snapshots of these clips, and they did not recognize these clips, so I am thinking the two clips could be from the Wade Williams Inc. company, if that helps any.

O-k, I know these movies might be from rarely known movies, but do these movies seem familiar to anyone? I know I asked a lot, but I am very curious, and since I found out all of the other movies from the opening credits, I would like to find these out, too. I am so close. Please help, any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Horrorman

P.S. If you want to look at the sequence again, it is listed on this thread.