View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 09:01 AM
Pirate of Bengal

I'm no longer a good reader but it was so unspeakable that I wonder whether any writer ever even dared to imagine such tragic incident in his/her mind & could put it in words! Today we're living in a world where truth can be deadlier & uglier than fiction in any minute.

Before this School massacre in Newtown, Connecticut (USA) or the gang rape in a bus, New Delhi (India), we were here already terribly shocked & horrified with the fire at a Garment factory, killing 117 people and the recent...brutal killing of Biswajit Das, a tailoring shop employee, who hacked to death reportedly by the hooligans of Bangladesh Chhatra League (the so called Student Political unit of ruling party) near Victoria Park, DHAKA near a police station on December 9, Sunday during the opposition 18-party-called countrywide road blockade activity. The killing was carried live on numerous TV news channels and the clear pictures of the killers with full identity have appeared in the newspapers the very next day. And that put the ruling government in "a bit awkward situation" & thus lately the police (who initially was quite reluctant) captured some of them.

The injustice & open brutality is becoming a common scenario here. But as per mass child murder or any this sort of mass shooting (other than war or a military invasion) with an assault weapon like Bushmaster, I can't recall anything like or near that ever happened even in this one of the most over populated parts in the world where lives of general people overtaken by murderous propensity and thirst for power & money in a regular basis more or less. May be that's because we don't have any gun industry or an open & sensible gun culture here and IMO...we here actually can't or shouldn't afford guns in personal possession; even that would become a luxury here as per our very low national income level in compare to any developed country.

Though it may not right for me to say anything in this issue, as I'm not living in USA and know very little about the gun culture there but after reading & listening some discussions on TV & articles online, I think to put some new law on gun control issue will have some little impact on happening similar sort of mass shooting in future but the thing is though that would be 'little' but it will at least have some impact, I believe.