Thread: Hellraiser
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2016, 09:46 AM
Scares Little Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake.Ashworth View Post
I really have thought about it. Writing Graphic novels would be easy enough generally the story is really told through imagery and the writing is to a minimum. The biggest problem... I have zero artistic talent. Lol!
If you haven't written comics before, it's not as easy as you think. It's a constant struggle to say as much as possible with as little as possible, so as not to cover up the art.

I used to try to write scripts, but everything changed when I moved on to page layouts. The ideas in the script were usually wrong. Now I write loose suggestions of what the page might be, and do most of the "writing" on the page. Often the dialogue doesn't get finalized until the page is drawn, and it ends up being totally different than what I thought it would be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake.Ashworth View Post
You believe I managed to get about 50 downloads over that weekend
That's impressive. How did you market it? I'm having almost no luck with the internet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelMyers View Post
Seems like horror translates really well to graphic novel form. Have you ever given thought to revising BAK in this way?
What I've found so far is that people are more disturbed by the lingering comic images. They don't cut away like movie images do.

Last edited by JeremyRay; 10-29-2016 at 09:50 AM.