View Single Post
Old 02-12-2015, 09:13 AM
No Tears Please...

Dinner was quick and simple, but we ate at the dinner table and talked a little. She seemed just as lost as me. Luckily I wasn’t any more. I knew exactly what was going on. Everything had fallen into place and Edith had served her purpose. Soon I would let the other me have his way with her and it would be messy and a lot of fun. As we sat there eating our dinner I imagined her begging for leniency. She wouldn’t get it. I feel completely at ease with how this week was going to go.
She asked me “Do you want to start classes again on Tomorrow?” I said “That would be great, I need to take my mind off of things. What will we be working on?” She answered “I think we are going to journey into Egypt and the pyramids and mummies.” “That sounds awesome, I can’t wait.” I said. What she didn’t realize is things where about to get really strange for her. I had some plans. I wanted her to know something was wrong but I didn’t want her to know what. I had some ideas.
It started that night. When we finished our dinner I headed straight to bed and left her to the dishes and cleaning. After I went up the stairs and down the hall I stepped into the guest bedroom that was attached to her room. I walked lightly to that my footsteps wouldn’t be heard downstairs. I slid into her bathroom, which brought back flashes of watching Jennifer shower, and completely rearranged all of her toiletries. When I walked back out, I left the door to the guest bathroom about halfway open. Then I went to the storage room. It seemed like a petty thing, but I wanted to get into her head. I wanted her to feel like something happened. I sat patiently and waited. It took about an hour before she came up but I heard her walking down the hall and then I heard her door close. I pressed my eye up against the tiny hole and watched as she walked into the room and then into the bathroom. I heard the water come on and then she reappeared in the bedroom. My eyes where peeled as she stripped out of her clothes. Her body was so different than Jennifer’s. I looked her over and noticed that although still in decent shape she had some areas were her skin drooped down and her breasts hung a lot lower than Jennifer’s. My mind lit up with the thought of cutting those breasts off and keeping them. It would be neat to have a lot of different kinds. She walked back into the bathroom and took her shower. I moved away from the hole and sat there in the dark imagining what it would be like to peel the skin off of Edith. But for the first time I could picture playing with her first. This is going to be so fun.
I heard the water turn off, it must have been about 20 minutes. I moved back against the hole and watched. After another five minutes she came out of the bathroom with a very confused look on her face. She moved very slowly and looked all over. Then she went back into the bathroom and I could see the light from the guest bedroom come on. She must be checking to make sure nobody was in there. It went perfect. I heard her pull the door to the other room closed and then watched her come back out and change into her bed clothes. Now she is doubting herself. One more little push tonight and I will go to bed. I waiting for her to fall asleep and then made my move. I slinked down the hall slowly and quietly, ducked back into the guest bedroom and carefully pushed the bathroom door open again. I had to restrain my laughter as I went down the hall to my room. I thought to myself “That should really get her thinking.” Then the other voice “Why didn’t you just slit her throat right there? This could be over and we could be laying in a puddle of her fresh warm blood.” I snapped back “Listen if we are going to do this, we are doing it on my terms.” Then silence.
The next morning at breakfast Edith looked a bit shaken. While we were eating our eggs she asked “Michael, did you go in my bedroom last night?” I looked at her with my brow furrowed a little and said “Of course not, that’s your space, I get the rest of the house.” She laughed and said “Yeah, sorry, I must be losing my mind. Are you ready for school?” I sent her ahead to the classroom/study and I stayed to cleanup breakfast. After I finished I saw her car keys on the key ring next to the back door. I walked over took them off the hook and slid them into my pocket without making a noise. You won’t be needing these any time soon.
Lessons went fine, about as normal as ever. But during the entire thing I was trying to brainstorm ways to get into Ediths head. I want her to be paranoid, I want to see the fear in her eyes. After we finished up she told me “I think I’m going to rest today Michael, I haven’t been feeling quite right.” I said “I understand, sometimes we just need to recharge our batteries. I think I am going to have a lazy afternoon too.” She headed upstairs as I finished up a little of my classwork, really just buying time until I knew she was gone.
I listened to her footsteps as she ascended the steps and then I heard the faint sound in the big empty house of her door closing. Now to get to work. I got up and went to the desk she used. It was a plain, simple little desk. It had two drawers on the right of the chair and one long skinny one just below the top. I opened the two on the sides and looked at them. Rows of folders and lesson plans all laid out by day. I rearranged them just a little, enough that I knew she would notice. Then I closed those two drawers and pulled the long skinny one out. The first thing I saw was a notebook with Jennifer’s name on it, written in her hand writing. My heart skipped a beat and then I got furious. All I could think at the time was “That bitch left me.” I lifted it out and opened it up. It had all of my grades in each category in it. Mostly A’s because I was pretty damn smart. I closed the folder up and set it aside. There wasn’t much in there to do, but I had this idea. I took a black marker and wrote inside the drawer “I’m coming.” Then put everything back where it belonged and closed the drawer up.
I walked through the house thinking about the last few years and how things have changed. I felt like I was still finding myself. As I wondered through the halls of that huge house looking at all the pictures and details of the fine wood work I realized that this was all mine. It was something that had just crept up on me. The house, the land, everything was mine. Well, until I was 18 it was all mine but through Edith’s old wrinkly hands. I got angry and I heard my voice echo through my head “If you kill her, you can have control now. You can do anything you want.” I ignored him. I was caught up just enjoying my surroundings. I wondered down mother’s hallway. I didn’t really notice where I was until I almost ran into her door. Startled I reached for the knob. The metal of the knob was cold in my hand. I turned the knob and pushed the door open. It swung inward quietly and as it did I saw mother come into view. She was laying on her bed completely naked and staring back at me.
Entranced I walked across the room stepping on piles of dirty clothes and completely ignoring the smell of old food and dust hitting me in the face. I walked around to the side of the bed and looked at her from head to toe. The color of her hair was muted and it was missing in places. Her eyes where milky white and sunk into her head. There was a bluish tint to her lips and her skin looked like it hung loose on her bones. I could see the impression left by the rope around her neck and that excited me. Her breasts where still full and perky. She was raised up on her left arm and her right hand was between her legs. I saw her lips move a little but I didn’t hear anything. I felt myself climb onto the bed to get closer so I could hear her. Again her lips came apart and a sound came out but I still couldn’t make out any words. I leaned in further in and she said “Bleed her dry.” then my hand slipped on the comforter and I fell into my mother’s body. As my head made contact with her face I felt her bones instantly give way and all sorts of bugs burst out of the hole that my head made.
Maggots wriggled across my face. Cockroaches scurried through my hair. I started rolling around on the bed slapping at the bugs trying to get them off of myself. Then it dawned on me that I was laying on top of mother’s body. I shot upright, still swatting at all of the crawling creatures. I looked back expecting to see the destroyed lifeless body of my mother. But all I saw was a plate of some unrecognizable goo that used to be food. The plate was covered in bugs. I looked closely at it and around the room. Mother was nowhere to be found, but I could feel her. I wiped that last few maggots from my face. All I could hear bouncing around in my head was what she said “Bleed her dry.” She was obviously talking about Edith. The time was quickly approaching and I was trying my best to draw out the torture but this undeniable need I was feeling to watch her die was getting stronger. She wouldn’t last much longer in this house.