View Single Post
Old 09-17-2014, 10:55 AM
For Vendetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by FryeDwight View Post
Actually have my battered old movie tie-in and you're right, it is a lot scarier than the film. Have PROPHECY and THE OMEN-do you know if David Seltzer wrote any more books and if they are worth checking out? Could google, but like The Beatles said" I'm in love, but I;m lazy".
No other worthy horror writings.

-----------------------------------------------

Why the film flopped and crippled the bank accounts of the famous Hammer Studios can be seen. The film is in no way a match to Hitchcock's original, and neither does it give off a vibe of being a Hammer film. It doesn't try to be an original in it's own right either, like Carpenter's The Thing.

I have always found Elliott Gould unbearable, and in the company of a much-amused Cybill Shepherd and her legs, doesn't give the film any sort of push. The only notable screen presence comes from Angela Lansbury who, rather ruefully, is restricted to a cameo appearance. The main question which imparts the title it's name is never answered either. Shame.

Avoid, unless you are a completist and just HAVE to see that final Hammer film of the late 70s.

Last edited by _____V_____; 09-17-2014 at 10:56 AM.