View Single Post
Old 08-06-2014, 06:53 PM
Evil Dead

My take on Rob Zombie films.......

I LOVE House of 1,000 Corpses!! It was the second movie in my entire life that I went to the theater a second time to watch it (the first being The Lost Boys)!! I loved the characters, the acting, the music, the references to Alice in Wonderland, and mostly, the fact that it was different than anything I have ever watched before. I have watched it sooooo many times. I think that you really have to enjoy "dark" movies to get it.

Devil's Rejects - I had to watch this one more than once before I actually liked it. I was disappointed in the fact that we didn't get more of Dr. Satan, that would have kicked ass!! I liked the way he ended it, it just seemed a perfect way too kill off that family.

Halloween - I really liked this one also. I thought it was incredible how he created a background history on Michael so we could feel the emotions he went through in his childhood. I love the idea of seeing a history on a killer in a movie and it would be great to see more of them.

Halloween 2 - I am a true gore fan and my favorite part of the movie was when he pretty much butchered the girl all over the bathroom. I do think that both Halloween movies could have done without the white horse; for me, it just didn't fit.

Salem's Lot - HATED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! I felt like I needed to be on acid in order to understand what the hell was going on!! It really bummed me out because I liked the story line and it started out just fine in the beginning. The dildos were stupid and senseless. A true disappoint from a director I truly have enjoyed in the past. :shocked:

I hope that any future movies that he works on are the same level as House and Halloween.