Thread: Coffee Culture
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2014, 05:47 AM
That fucking Guy...

I don't consider it a problem, but then I'm not a coffee freak that has to be forever drinking one.

Apparently here in Australia we're considered too snobby about coffee for starbucks, they came and tried to saturate the market with their "coffee" (which IMO was piss poor, though their cold drink creations were sometimes interesting) and their stores, and well, they've all but left now, even acknowledging that they didn't meet our discerning tastes

As for those that go out for coffee and/or sit with their work in coffee shops and cafes, yeah I don't really understand it myself - noise is all that would be, to me.

I'd much prefer to grab mine in a takeaway and just walk with it or go sit someplace on my own.
I actually prefer coffee at home, be it from a drip pot, or some of the excellent cold drip my friend makes from beans he sources, roasts, and blends himself...having coffee like that, really puts other coffee in perspective, and yes, the markup is astronomical when you buy it out.

I don't know if I had much of a point here, but yeah there it is. Hi.

Oh, and sometimes I'll shoot an espresso before gym in the belief it'll facilitate cardio. Probably a bad thing.