View Single Post
Old 11-02-2013, 01:49 AM
Evil Dead

Evil Dead The Musical??? That sounds fantastic! I hope it gets released as a film as there's little hope of my seeing it otherwise :-(

Last night's viewing ...

Sinister (2012)

It was ok. Hawke does a pretty good job considering the film is all but a one-man show.

I can't say I found it particularly scary although the atmosphere is fairly immersive. Some non-sensical plot holes, some irritating loose ends and the usual kinds of unbelievable behaviour. I'd even call it a little twee in places. Some reviewers found it "deeply frightening" and "undeniably scary". Not me sorry.

The highlight is an all-too brief appearance from Vincent D'Onofrio, one of my all time favourite actors. Love him.

Skinwalker Ranch (2013)

An enticing premise - Paranormal Activity meets The X Files - with some enjoyable sequences and scary moments, but ultimately the whole thing is let down by unconvincing performances and poor pacing. I was hoping for some real mayhem and frights as the film came to its climax, but sadly I was disappointed.