View Single Post
Old 07-12-2013, 09:50 AM
Guitarist Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverending View Post
I think it's probably the top rated 75 horror films on Rotten Tomatoes. Sure, there's some crap there, but a surprising amount of what's there should be.

There's crap in HDC's top 100 as well.
I take all the lists with a grain of salt because there aren't any guidelines. How do you rate what the greatest Horror movies of all time are? Box Office Sales? Impact on the Genre or Culture in general? Scare factor? Memorable characters? It's tough to judge. How much of personal preference goes into those lists?

I remember when "The Ring" came out and I swear that's all I heard about for weeks. How great and scary that movie was. It took me 3 consecutive days to get through that movie. The first time I sat down to watch it I fell asleep about 30 minutes in due to sheer utter boredom. I went back the next day (well rested) and started the movie from where I left off and fell asleep again after about another 30 minutes due to extreme boredom. I went back and finally made it through the last bit on the 3rd day. That's the only time I've ever fallen asleep multiple times on a movie, let alone taking me 3 days to get through it.

Obviously, I wouldn't rank it very highly but yet I see it on lots of lists. I use the lists more as a tool to see if there's something I haven't seen and might want to watch.

Last edited by realdealblues; 07-12-2013 at 09:52 AM.