View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 10:48 AM
Evil Dead

I can list the ones I have seen because it is only 13 of them. This is not my favorite type of horror, although some of these I liked.I love The Evil Dead, Dead Alive and Slither because they balance the gore with the humor. I also like serial killer films and they don't usually bother me because I have studied the topic a lot in college (Criminal Justice major-almost graduate:) )

I have also seen:

A Clockwork Orange- liked but its a watch once for me.
Blood Feast- surprising gore for a film done in 1963.
Deliverance-very well know and referenced film because of its shocking content.
Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer-this was a good film loosely based on real life serial killer- Henry Lee Lucas.
I Spit on Your Grave-hard one to watch, but the revenge is satisfying.
Last House on the Left-again hard to watch ,but the revenge is awesome.
Natural Born Killers-loosely named and based on the actual spree killers/lovers, Charles Starkweather and Caril Fugate. Iconic case and many films have been done it, but this was a different and more violent take. I liked the film.
Saw III: thought it had some disturbing deaths especially the limb twister, but I didn't like this one as much as the others. I thought the needle pit in Saw II was more cringe worthy to myself (fear of needles lol).
Requiem for a Dream-it was good, but its another one I would only watch once.
Zombie- I like the suspense in this film that comes before the gore. The gore happens a lot but its not thrown at you. You have to wait as it slowly builds up, like the eye part. Of course, the Zombie fighting a shark was unique as well.

Last edited by horrorfangirl66; 02-19-2013 at 10:50 AM.