View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 02:55 AM
For Vendetta

Breathe a collective sigh of relief, Alien fans - Damon Lindelof is not writing Prometheus 2.

Quote:
In an interview with Collider, the writer-producer genially explains: “Much to the delight of all the fanboys, I don’t see myself being involved in Prometheus-er.”
Which is to say: Lindelof is no longer involved in the vaguely-planned but heavily-hinted-at sequel to Prometheus.

After noting that he has been working on next year’s Star Trek sequel, a new TV show, and the mysterious 1952 project (a collaboration between Lindelof and Entertainment Weekly writer Jeff Jensen, with Brad Bird currently slated to direct), Lindelof explains:
The thing about Prometheus was it was a rewrite. Jon Spaihts wrote a script and I rewrote it. And still it was a year of my life that I spent on Prometheus, kind of all in. The idea of building a sequel to it—from the ground up this time—with Ridley is tremendously exciting. But at the same time, I was like, “Well that’s probably going to be two years of my life. I can’t do what J.J. [Abrams] does. I don’t have the capability. I’m usually very single-minded creatively. I can only be working on one thing at a time. So I said to [Ridley Scott], ‘I really don’t think I could start working on this movie until I do this other stuff. And I don’t know when the other stuff is going to be done.’ And he was like, “Well, okay, it’s not like I asked you anyways.” He and I are on excellent terms and it was a dream come true to work with him.

A representative for Twentieth Century Fox confirms that Lindelof is not currently involved in a Prometheus sequel.

http://collider.com/prometheus-seque...ndelof/219084/