View Single Post
Old 02-06-2012, 11:05 AM
Love is like dying

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
The Woman In Black

So having seen the original, i spent most of the time watching this silently comparing the two. Some things are the same and some are different. There was a good balance that all remakes should follow. Some differences i found though that i didnt like was the original had moments of true fear while the remake was mostly jump scares. But for it's part the jump scares were done excellently and werent done for a cheap effect. I myself jumped a few times. Another thing i liked about the original that they left out was how Kipps became terrified of the sound of horses. Also the actor in the original didnt just seem scared, he was sick with terror while Radcliffe just looked frightened. They also took it a very modern route with trying to find a solution instead of just being stuck within the horror of it all and trying to escape. I did like the story they included here about the children being in danger whenever the woman is seen though. However I felt that the ending was a little bit of a cop out while i was more pleased with the original's ending. So i guess what i'm saying is, the original is better.

But this is still a great genuinely scary movie that actually provides a tense spooky atmosphere that horror movies never seem to have anymore. I definitely recommend seeing this whether you've seen the original or not.

But this is still a great genuinely scary movie that actually provides a tense spooky atmosphere that horror movies never seem to have anymore. I definitely recommend seeing this whether you've seen the original or not.

In Time

A fun quick paced action. I really liked the time aspect of the movie as it gave it an interesting twist that set it apart. I wasn't sure if Timberlake would be good as an action star and while he doesnt come across as a brute muscular guy taking everyone out, he works in his own way.
looking forward to woman in black, in time was such a good movie.
just watched arrietty studio ghibli, such a beautiful movie for all the family. 10/10

Last edited by _____V_____; 03-06-2012 at 08:28 PM. Reason: Original post reinstated.