View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 09:00 AM
HDC Idol

Apollo 18 (2011)

I agree with V - This was really well-done and definitely a good addition to the found footage cannon. Geeks who love space, the moon landing, and always wanted to be an astronaut will especially adore this film. ;) I liked how they created a realistic claustrophobic atmosphere. I also like the production value and how "old" the film felt. Great shots of them on the moon as well.

My issues are both personal and also nit-picky. From a personal side, I wish I hadn't read too many reviews (my fault here) because I pretty much made up my mind before seeing the movie that I'd enjoy it, so I feel like my experience was a bit flat (I kept just waiting for the monsters). From the nit-picky side, I don't think you can really run on the moon... Plus I'm not sure that we'd have that level of sound effects. Also, I thought the alien to ultimately be silly and a bit disappointing (though Rue Morgue's review did prepare me for this).

All-in-all, it was a fun watch and I really really appreciate its style, but the scares were a lacking.

3/5.