View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 10:03 AM
Fan of B-Flicks

what it is

The Shrine (2010)

holy crap, it wasn't wholly crap. i'm smashed so idk if i'll type spoilers so here's your

***SPOILER ALERT*** just in case

this movie was... the shit. amazing. had everything i could expect or hope for from a horror film, let alone a MODERN horror film. the fact that one third of the movie was in polish was a huge deal to me. i'm american, and when an american film is dedicated enough to not only produce a good portion of their movie in a 'foreign' language, but to cement that with some bitchin folklore, cool cinemetography and... sub-par(but it's a horror show so who gives a flip) acting, that's an em-effing win. scene that smacked me in the face with awesome (though predictable): first girl in the mist with the statue. also a twister: bad guys are the good guys and good guys are the bad in the end? = baller. this reminded me of everything i like about horror movies and i would highly recommend it to any of you blokes who haven't seen it yet. sry if you watch it because of this review, but i warned you about spoilers yo.