View Single Post
Old 03-24-2011, 03:40 AM
Whip In My Valise

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookZombie View Post
I am not disagreeing with the guidelines. I am saying that the way they are put might confuse new member so that they do not participate, that perhaps the guidelines need just a hint more explanation of what are desired or undesired behavior.

Like the Flayed One said the point about new threads where put there to stop people from making 30 threads a day about sodas and other unrelated stuff. I just pointed out that without his clarification I would have hardly dared to make a single topic when I first joined the forum if I had been met by this list. Now this might just be me as I have Aspergers not getting that paragraph, but I can only post from what I know, and for me that would discourage posting, and I do not think that is the point of it.
This site has a very colorful history involving some serious troublemakers that has understandably made older members wary of new members exhibiting behavior that resembles these old "friends". As you've probably noticed, it is very easy to make an anonymous second account, so even if someone has been banned they can easily come back over and over again to cause more trouble.

I don't think this site discourages making a lot of posts or threads; just as long as they're relevant and comprehensible (see the OMCDave posts mentioned in the first few posts in this thread to get an idea of what I mean by irrelevant and incomprehensible).

However, this is coming from HDC's Biggest Post Whore, so you might want a second opinion.:D