View Single Post
Old 10-04-2009, 10:48 AM
For Vendetta

Sigourney Weaver has spoken about the upcoming Alien Prequel on SciFi Squad. It's doubtful she'll play any role in the prequel.

She says Ripley couldn't appear in a prequel because her first encounter with the creature is in Alien. But she's happy that Ridley Scott is producing it.

Do you have any interest in being part of the planned Alien prequel movie, or appearing in the franchise ever again?

Well, I don't think that Ripley could appear in an Alien prequel because she doesn't have any access to the creature until the first Alien. But Ridley (Scott) is producing it and that makes me happy. I wasn't thrilled with the whole Alien Vs. Predator thing. I never saw them, but one of the reasons I died in (Alien) 3 was to not have anything to do with those (laughs). Just because, you know, I think it just seemed so economically motivated somehow. I feel we did four good movies, and I'm content with that. I hope if they do something new, they will encompass the idea of where the alien first came from, because I think that's an interesting idea -- to find out what happened and "how did it get to us?"