View Single Post
Old 01-26-2009, 07:45 AM
Mephistophiliac

Send a message via AIM to Doc Faustus
ferretchucker- the idea of remaking Jaws is not a terrible one, but enhancing the bigness of things by 20% isn't quite grounds for a remake. I think the problem here was that your respect for the source material got in the way of perceiving imperfections. The rival shark hunters were a good idea because Jaws' main problem is that the human drama, outside of the excellent bonding scenes with the main cast falls flat. Consider the motivations for these rival hunters. Maybe one of them is an ex-lover of Ellen Brody's. Or if Malcolm McDowell's your mayor, maybe he has a good reason for keeping the beach open, one besides tourism. The germ of a good idea is present. Also, perhaps look into an older, more interesting actor for Quint. Harvey Keitel has toughness, intellect and sensitivity to add dimensions to the old salt that are unexpected.
Bwind- Brilliant! This is definitely a film that could endure a remake and it would invigorate the original. I love this movie, but I can definitely see how it could bare a modern treatment. With a more creative viral marketing campaign, this one could be a fun, cult contemporary cult hit.
Roshiq-Creative choice. I'm not too sure what updating this movie does for it, but I like seeing out of the box thinking like this.