View Single Post
Old 12-20-2008, 10:45 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by urgeok2 View Post
why ? he's right ..

phantasm IS the best horror flick.

You CAN'T be serious, Urge! :confused:

I know you have a weird taste in movies, but that's just sick. ;)

I'm not saying Phantasm is a bad movie, but there's nothing in it to make it into ANY horror fan's top 3 list.

********SPOILER ALLERT***************************************

First of all, it's neither scary or funny to make it work well.

Second, the main evil in Phantasm is a tall man... Uuuuhhhh, that's scary. It's not that he's creepy looking really, he's just old and tall. And his repeated 1 word line "boiiiii" (boy) is just plain goofy. Sounds like a crackhead from the ghetto or a hillbilly.

Third, many of the scenes are ridiculous. Like, how many times do we get to see poor Michael running scared? A lot.

The many scenes where jody tells Michael to wait or to go some place else. Everytime they end up together within a few minutes.

The scene where Michael is being locked in his room by jody. Notice how the door is being opened from the inside after he removes the screwdriver. Stupid. You can't help but to feel that the director in many occasions is using every trick in the book to make the movie last longer than the story alows.

The scene where Michael is locked in the car with the tall man driving it is also retarded. Michael finds a gun in the car and what does he do. No, he doesn't start by blowing the tall mans head off. Instead he shoots a hole in the window to jump out of and then he uses a bullet on one of the tires so the car crashes. Brilliant..

The 3 things that works for this movie is, like Elvis said, the decent acting, the story and most of all the music score. The music really helps building up the atmosphere and creates a tension again and again that really isn't there.

*********************** END OF SPOILER**************************

Angra has spoken.

Last edited by Angra; 12-22-2008 at 08:39 PM.