View Single Post
Old 11-03-2008, 01:01 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Saw V

Know what? I really liked it. The script was pretty bad at times and the acting was brutal (Julie Benz should stick to Dexter - I honestly felt bad for her), but overall I had fun. The traps were good, the plot was decent, and I loved the ending. Gave me a good laugh, heh.

Wasn't impressed that they set up #6 about 5 minutes into the movie though...that whole deal with the box was just cheap.

Still, it's holding up better than most slasher series at this point - by the time Freddy got this far his movies were beyond dull. Jason was starting his downward slope too, and I honestly can't even remember much of the 5th Halloween....

The Battle Over Citizen Kane

I've never made it a secret that I'm not crazy about Kane...I appreciated it, but never really saw why everyone praised it so much.

This documentary really painted it in a new light for me, and I'll have to re-watch it soon. Hurst and Wells were both facinating men, and the story behind Kane is more exciting than anything they put in the movie.

If you have any interest in Citizen Kane - or classic film in general - I'd recommend this documentary for sure.

A Clockwork Orange

FINALLY - I've actually gotten around to watching this masterpiece in it's entirety. And wow...was I ever missing out.

Everything I heard it was and so, so much more....loved every second of it.