View Single Post
Old 10-16-2007, 01:35 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Some of the bigger stores over here (UK) are selling a new PS 3 - it's basically the same console, but smaller hard-drive and can't play PS 2 games, for £300, which is approx. £100 cheaper than the standard one.
Yeah, the 40gig model?
That came out here...not sure in the difference in terms of dollar value, but it went down in price by $300AUD.

Quote:
Seeing as there is only a few games available for PS 3 at the mo', think it's a rip off.
It depends on what you want it for...it's a more accessible/affordable entry point to NEW games, which by Christmas will hit the 70 mark across all genres.
Not to mention it's one of the cheapest (actually, here, this model IS the cheapest) Blueray players on the market, with a new console thrown in - if you look at it that way, you get an alright deal...
I know a lot of people with PS2 consoles already (the latest model PS2 slimline is just short of 2 months old now) who consider this the price drop they've been waiting to leap on.
I mean, what's a PS2 worth anyways? I'm pretty sure they've shaved a bit more off the price than that, and if 40gig isn't enough storage, well...
...as I've been saying, if you were gonna shell out the full price of the original 60gig model, you could buy the new40gig model, the latest model PS2, and a game for each?

Besides, those who are patient may just find that something a little more, er, decked out could be coming their way by around about Christmas.