View Single Post
Old 12-13-2005, 04:36 PM
I'M 37!!!

Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance

I was disappointed with this one. This is actually the first sequel to the "revenge" series (the first being Oldboy and the third being Mrs. Vengeance). I loved Oldboy, it's one of my favorite films. So, I was expecting a lot from this one. Yes, I did calm myself down before I put this baby in, but it didn't help. In Oldboy, you cared for the victim, and wanted him to get his revenge. Here, the protagonist was just dull, badly acted, and poorly written. I also didn't like the scenery in this flim. I usually could give less of a shit about the setting, as long as it stays to what the story is. But, there are exceptions. And this is one of them. In Oldboy, the sceneries were beautiful, and made me look around at what Asia is like. Here, it felt like they shot it in a Hollywood studio. It was pathetic! One last thing I had a problem with was the subtitles. I can never stand reading subtitles in a movie (except for The Passion of the Christ). Let alone, Oldboy was dubbed. At times I would drift away from the screen or go to the bathroom, and come back confused as hell. I wish they would've dubbed the film.

Just a sad disappointment of a film!

0 stars out of 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretchucker View Post
It's not rape if you shout suprise!