View Single Post
Old 09-13-2005, 03:07 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Death in the Woods [Working title]

I really dont like that title, but it's the best I could come up with for the moment. Anyway, here's the introduction to a short story I just started writing, hope ya'll like it!

“It started out as such a great weekend,” thought Kyle to himself, knowing he likely wouldn’t live to see the end of it. Only the day before, a Friday, Kyle and 3 of his friends, went out to the local woods for a weekend of fun and solitude, as they’d done countless times before. But this time had been different right from the start, and the 4 friends all noticed it. It was like there was something in the air that weekend, something...strange. Each of them felt uncomfortable in the woods that had been like their second home since childhood. Now, less than a full day later, Kyle was the only one left, and he knew he wouldn’t survive much longer. The gaping wound in his side was throbbing, and he knew he couldn’t hide from those....those things forever. With his pocket knife drawn, Kyle rushed the hideous beast in a last attempt to save his life and avenge his friends. It simply stretched a blood-crusted claw, and before Kyle could even take another step, his life swam before his eyes, just as his blood swam out of his body. And just before he slipped into the eternal darkness, the terrifying revelation swept through his dying mind...