View Single Post
Old 01-18-2004, 07:33 AM
Evil Dead

What are everyone's favorite non-horror movies...

I didn't want to offend horror purists so I put this one down here under Indies where it seems only the true film geeks tread (or would that be "thread"?).

My FAVORITE movie of all time is Eastwood's The Unforgiven, and I love everything by Sergio Leone. I also really, really like Bloody Sam, especially The Wild Bunch and the UNCUT Pat Garrett and Billy The Kid--but I can watch anything he did, even Convoy.

Other stuff I dig: Rolling Thunder, Emperor Of The North Pole, The Outlaw Josey Wales, Ride With The Devil, Shane, Taxi Driver, anything by Walter Hill (especially Southern Comfort, The Warriors, and The Long Riders), The Searchers, all the Mad Max movies (great title, too; think about it--is Max mad "angry" or mad "insane"), Django and just about any other spaghetti Western that isn't just really horrible.

My favorite moments caught on film are the three-way gunfight at the end of The Good, the Bad, and The Ugly and Will Munny's vengeance ride into Big Whiskey at the end of The Unforgiven.

"I don't deserve to die like this; I was building a house."

"Deserve's got nothin' to do with it."