View Single Post
Old 10-14-2003, 10:53 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to ChaoticMinister Send a message via Yahoo to ChaoticMinister
Exclamation Best Movie out of Asia Ever?

Best Movie out of Asia Ever?

Riki-Oh!: The Story of Ricky

Cover Picture @ Amazon:
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0...1.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I know it's not really horror, per say, but it is filled with lots of senseless/absurd gore

Editorial Review@ Amazon:

One of the most absurdly violent films ever made, this outrageous comic book of a movie is short on style but makes up for it in sheer audacity and excess. Brooding street kid Ricky Ho (Fan Siu Wang, playing the part of avenging angel with self-righteous earnestness) walks into the corrupt corporate prison system with superpowered martial arts skills and proceeds to punch his way through every bullying thug and sadistic guard who comes his way. Literally. His fist puts a gaping hole through the stomach of a giant sumo-wrestler-sized thug and the jaw of a pompadoured bully, and turns the skull of a pathetic guard into a bloody stump. As Ricky becomes a hero to the downtrodden prisoners, the assistant warden (who keeps breath mints in his removable glass eye) organizes the dreaded "gang of four," the cell block gang leaders, to take Ricky down. Fat chance!

So bad, it's funny... sadly this film was made in earnest.

Honorary AZN Pride!

*FADE OUT*