View Single Post
Old 11-23-2004, 03:52 PM
Umbra Asylum

Send a message via Yahoo to bloodrayne
Deer Hunter Shoots People Instead...5 Dead

Wisconsin Shootings Kill 5

Birchwood, Wisconsin -- At least five people were killed and three wounded in a multiple shooting in northwestern Wisconsin Sunday afternoon. After a confrontation over the use of a deer stand, a 36-year-old St. Paul man apparently chased some of the victims through a heavily wooded area, authorities said.

Chai Soua Vang, 36, was arrested early Sunday evening in Sawyer County, Wis., said Sawyer County Sheriff's Deputy Jake Hodgkinson. Vang lives on St. Paul's East Side, police spokesman Paul Schnell said.

Vang was being held in the Sawyer County Jail in Hayward.

Tim Zeigle, chief deputy for the Sawyer County Sheriff's Department, said Sunday night that four men and one woman were among the dead.

Zeigle said the bodies were found "a long way from each other," indicating the killer chased them down after the initial confrontation and as several hunters came to assist their colleagues.

Investigators found two bodies next to each other, with a third 50 yards away, the fourth 75 yards from the third and the final body 100 yards from the fourth, Zeigle said.

They were killed with an SKS assault-style rifle, he added.

"He was picking them off," Zeigle said, adding that some were shot more than once. "He was chasing after them and killing them."

Authorities were still working on the crime scene late Sunday night.

Two of the victims were identified by friends Sunday as Robert Crotteau, about 41, and his son, Joey, about 20.

'A good family'

"This is not supposed to happen to people you know," said Mark Miller, owner of Fat Man's, a Rice Lake tavern where Robert Crotteau often stopped by for lunch.

Miller also believed two others who were killed were a father and daughter.

Crotteau owned a concrete company in town, said longtime Rice Lake City Council Member Marv Thompson said.

"They're a good family," Thompson said. "They're decent people. Deer hunting is real big in their family and a lot of households around here."

My Karma ran over my Dogma

God WAS my co-pilot...But, we crashed in the mountains and...I had to eat him

I'm suffocating in what's become of me...
The rancid remains of what I used to be